Worse case

     Today, I got a mission to train some freshmen to install LAMP. Before my section on the morning they were train in Linux, how to install and some of command which I hope they gonna get fun on the morning, but I never know cause I got a lab to do on the morning.
     After Lab end, I moved fast to the room and got no one there. In fact, they just went to have lunch. Well I have a little time to prepare myself for my section in the evening (I got less than 30 minute)
     First of all, I don't have Ubuntu installed on my presentation's desktop. Well this problem can solve in less than 20 minutes. Just Download Virtualbox install it and then put the image of Ubuntu Desktop 11.04 on it virtual drive then I wait until it finished. Now I 'm ready.
     When the freshmen flowing in  and I guess there no other to come I started my section. My section like I said above just install LAMP server on Ubuntu how it's gonna be in trouble I don't see.
     I start with introduce the definition of LAMP, How good it is and what we need for that. Well now installion process. I started with Apache web server how it gonna be so trouble ? just "sudo apt-get install apache2" and then I restart with "sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart" the first element was past by not having any trouble.
     Second, I install php with "sudo apt-get install php5" how easy you see !? , then restart apache again. Well the first trouble come. Some of freshmen were encounter with syntax problem. It's not so hard to fix this. Just checking where they miss type on their editor.
     Third is the real trouble. I started with apt-get like before to install mysql-server, but the real troble come when I need to edit php.ini to enable extension mysql.so. No one saw that extension line, but I saw msql.so either I was thought that It gonna be replace my's mysql.so. I guess I did right for this problem. This problem are being little for when I met the last problem.
   If the third step are install correctly the forth will gonna be have no trouble on it, but I got. first problem in forth step I have found is I miss to checked to choose apache webserver when the installer asked for. I just past it and let the other past with too. THAT IS THE BIG MISTAKE TODAY. I have no trouble with enter root password to control sql server on phpmyadmin, but the problem I mention above are show when I started to open "http://localhost/phpmyadmin" and it gave me noting.
     I been terrify right now because this problem I have never met before and I have no idea hot to deal with it. I try to remove and re-install  phpmyadmin ,but the problem still be.If I never had some of senior on that room I will be a dead man. When I get though this problem complete I feel funk again cause they have no freshmen come to talk with me after class. Well my mistake I have learn and I will I promise not let that happen again anymore !

Comments